Saturday, November 29, 2008

No thats not me going for another piece of pumpkin pie!

For the past 2 years, Paul & I have spent Thanksgiving with Friends and their Families. We've really enjoyed getting to know new people and enjoying food we did not have to cook. However, this year we really wanted to something different or rather, something normal I guess. We wanted to try our hand at making our own Thanksgiving feast and spend the evening with just the two of us.

Now I am not the best cook in the world, .....actually I wouldn't use the term "cook" anywhere near my name. The truth is that I'm the girl who didn't realize you had to drain the grease from ground beef before addeding it to Hamburger Helper. YES, I ruined Hamburger Helper. I am proud to say that I left home knowing how to boil water, but that is where my culinary skills stopped.

So this year I wasn't really sure what to expect and I hoped for the best....which is that our feast would at least be edible. Thanks to some simple recommendations and recipes from my good friend Cindy, lots of prayer and my personal assistant Paul who ran to the store numerous times for me and TA DA.... a Thanksgiving Feast. It actually tasted good....... so good that I'm having trouble staying away from the left overs.

Special thanks to my mom for saving the day with her Pumpkin Pie recipe. It didn't even occur to my to think of a dessert, my mind was still trying to figure out the turkey part. But she can through for me and told me exactly what I need and how to bake it. YAY for my mom. Now the challenge is not finishing off the pumpkin pie all by myself.

So despite the fact that we are more than 1100 miles away from our families, we still had a great Thanksgiving that went off without a hitch. Now what should we do for Christmas?

No comments: