Friday, March 1, 2013

Finally!



















In the past I've shared about my desire to improve my writing through practice. That is one of the reasons I maintain this blog.  However, it is incredibly easy to allow the cares of life to filter in and distract you from doing what you know your supposed to do.

Sometimes, it is easier to procrastinate or do "just a little" to feel acomplished and then never complete the project. My personal goal for 2013 is to complete the unfinished projects of 2012. To focus on what I know The Lord has directed me to do and set aside the things that he hasn't.

As Terry Savelle Foy puts it "Procrastination is just another trap to keep you from fulfilling your dreams and goals." Terry goes on to explain in her March 2013 letter how procrastination in the small things carries over to the large things in our life. So, by choosing to not write a little on a daily basis I am actually procrastinating on a dream to write on a larger scale later in life.

Enter Speedbo. Speedbo is a 31 day writing challenge held by the Seekerville blog that motivates aspiring writers to put aside their inner critic and just write! Each writer sets a daily or weekly writing goal with the focus of completing an entire book. I will be aiming for 1k words a week. I know....not a lot considering that I should be able to write 1k in a hour, but I've got to start somewhere!

So here is to more than just goal setting, here is to goal obtaining!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: