Saturday, April 11, 2009

I can brag right?



I totally rocked at my Wii Fit Yoga on my first try. I've always considered myself to be athletic. In high school I was captain of the girls swim team, on the track team and always the P.E. teacher's pet. For me, exercise was an escape, I didn't really have to think..... which meant I didn't have think about my problems. I excelled at athletics, and then something happened. I wasn't in high school anymore, I moved past alot of my problems and suddenly sitting at home eating and watching TV with my awesome husband sounded WAYYYYY better than going for a run.

So, Paul gave me the Wii Fit for my birthday. As I was opening it, he had this "Don't hit me!" look on his face. Now, for the record I DO NOT ABUSE MY SPOUSE! No, actually he tried to talk me into requesting the Wii Fit for Christmas last year. To the point, that he was actually telling people that I wanted it (which I didn't). After threating to return any Wii Fits I received (which I didn't)something wonderful happened at my mother in law's. She had the Wii Fit when we were there for Christmas and I discovered that one of the balance games is Snowboarding....can you hear my interest peaking?

In fact the day I discovered this was also the day I tried snowboarding for the first time on an actual slope. I spent 99% of my snowboarding experience on my butt, attempting to get off my butt or endangering the lives of other boarders/skiers. I was mortified and being that I'm extremely stubborn I was NOT going to trade my board in for the ski's that I actually know how to use. Nope, not me.....I was going to make something happen that day ......and that something turned out to be extreme pain, bruising, a broken tail bone and my personal favorite...being "That Girl". You know that one people knew about long before they ever saw me coming (or in my case, falling).

So....living in Texas doesn't really give me the opportunity to work on my snowboarding skills (I say that like I have some, ha ha). However with the Wii Fit I can save all those extremely embarrassing moments for the privacy of my living room and maybe lose 10 lbs.



So back to the today's experience.....today was the first time I attempted the Yoga...something I've never done before and wasn't sure what to expect. According to Chuck, my Wii Fit yoga instructer (yeah, I named him)I am at a Yoga Master level on my first try! Kudos to me! He said something along the line of "You have great posture" and I'm pretty sure he wasn't hitting on me.....so I'm assuming I have, well, "Great Posture" until I played the balance games. We won't discuss those or the fact that my Wii Fit age is 31 (I'm also not going to tell you I'm 25) do the math, or don't...yeah lets not.

I also tried the running program, which I did somewhat well at. I think I could certainly improve some if I wasn't constantly thinking about my sweet neighbor that lives below me.....the one who thinks my cats are 100lb dogs fighting over a bone. Yeah, I'm sure she was wondering if I was training Circus elephants today.

Maybe the running will have to wait until the house is finished......

1 comment:

Amy said...

Brag away! You go girl!