Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Focus Is Off





"When swelling and pride come, then emptiness and shame come also, but with the humble (those who are lowly, who have been pruned or chiseled by trial, and renounce self) are skillful and godly Wisdom and soundness." Proverbs 11:2

Sometimes I find myself thinking FAR too highly of me, instead of him. I notice this is when things start heading down hill very fast. I notice that I depend less on my relationship with the lord and attempt to lean on my own understanding. Suddenly, Life seems dull, lackluster and my patience becomes shorter. I spend less time in the Word and then I am focusing my attention on things that are just time wasters. This is when I know I'm heading into dangerous ground.

There is something to be said about having a humble spirit. In Daniel 10:12 the lord tells Daniel to "Fear not, for from the first day that you set you mind and heart to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come as a consequence of your words."

On the other end of that spectrum, in Isaiah 2:11 "The proud looks of man shall be brought low, and the haughtiness of men shall be humbled; and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day."

The truth is how can you depend on the lord when you envision yourself to be so great? You can't.

I'm off to humble myself before the Lord and get back on track.

1 comment:

Eileen Astels Watson said...

I'm constantly praying for humbling, too. In the society we live in it's difficult, but necessary!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I hope you gain some value from the posts you choose to read! I know I will from your posts!