Saturday, June 8, 2013

A week of new meals

This past week I challenged myself to try several new meals, a couple of which included the grill. As someone who has pretty much feared our gas grill, this was a bold move. It turns out the grill is pretty great and super easy to use. I have no idea why it frightened me before.

Most of the meals ideas came from Pinterest with the exception of the Pizza which came from a Food Network Magazine. The only items I grew was the Basil and Chives, which I attempted to incorporate in every meal possible. They both smell and taste amazing right now. The rest was store bought, but I look forward to a month or so when the garden is in full swing and I have some beans and tomatoes too.

Grilled Pizza with fresh garden basil and chives.
On the side I grilled Balsamic Honey Peaches for desert.
 
Grilled Flat Iron Steak, sliced on a bed of greens and rosemary roasted cherry tomatoes.

 
Bacon Barley Risotto with fresh basil from the garden.

No comments: