Thursday, June 20, 2013

Harvest and Seasons

 
I'm transitioning into a new season of my life and I'm excited about change. In fact, it feels like the last nine months have been nothing but change. Good Change.
 
But, its important to change well. What I mean is, I believe when your stepping into something new its wise to make sure your not leaving a mess behind you. So for the past two months I've endeavored to do just that, change well.
 
I've focused on raising up new leaders to replace me in a variety of areas and while I've enjoyed it and discovered a new found passion for mentoring...I haven't been able to spend much time in the garden.
 
My blog probably doesn't reflect that though. I tend to take a bazillion pictures during the time I do have and schedule posts in advance to make sure I have something to look back on come winter. God has been faithful during this time, with steady rain every week to make up for my lack of watering. He is good!
 
As a result, I discovered that I have quite a bean harvest, even after feeding the local bunny population. More on that in a future post. Tonight I harvested a variety of beans, a patty pan squash, my first roma tomato and a yellow crookneck squash.
 

 
 There is nothing quite like coming home to a surprise harvest.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do the same thing, upload and schedule posts in the little bits of free time I have. Change is hard and good at the same time. I hope you embrace it well.

Nichole said...

Thanks Kate! Glad to know I'm not the only way scheduling posts.