Monday, May 27, 2013

Weekend Harvest

I recently got to bust out my new scale, a Christmas gift from my mother in law - Love Her!
Just in time for my first real harvest; Lemon Balm, Fingerling Potatoes and Chives.

                  
                                                
 
My potatoes didn't really produce much. I sowed several bags of potatoes last fall and got maybe 10% of what I sowed in harvest. I think my first accidental potato harvest from 2011 gave me the impression I knew what I was doing....I don't think I do. Oh well, off to research how to properly grow potatoes.

The Lemon Balm has produced very well this year, now to just get it to register on the scale.
Chives are doing well too. This is my first cutting, but with all the rain I should have more in another week or so.

No comments: