Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Zuchinis are right on time!

My squash plants are doing really well in this cool, but sunny 75-85 degree weather we've had in North Texas lately. I haven't turned my A/C on yet, which is a really good sign as normally it comes on in late April.
 
Not all of the plants in this picture are Zuchini, some are Vegetable Spaghetti Squash (far left) and Patty Pan (far right) with Zuchini in the center and and Yellow Squash center back.


 
 
It was May when I was able to harvest my 1st Zuchini last year. Sure enough, I checked last Friday and I have miniature girl flowers growing! It should be another week of so and the race to stay on top of the harvesting will be on! Actually, its more like a long marathon as I found out last year that Zuchini sets, grows and matures fruit in 2 to 3 days! Yeah.


How are your Squash growing? Has the weather helped at all?

No comments: