Friday, February 24, 2012

Does anyone know what this is?


My husband brought these home to our apartment five years ago and I have no idea what they are called. They grow like weeds, in fact they took over our balcony planter and managed to out live the company he worked for (where they came from). We moved them in October of 2009 to our new home, planting them in our walkway beds. Sure enough, they came back the next spring! They've proven to be cold hardy and able to survive 110+ degree temps as well as a drought.

I'll admit that I didn't particularly love them at first, they are low to the ground and made a quiet statement with their glossy pink/purple leaves. However, their ability to survive EVERYTHING Texas throws at them has earned my favor. Now I just need a name....

*** UPDATE - I notice these for sale at LOWES, it turns out they are called Purple Queen Setcreasea. Glad to have a name now ***

No comments: