Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quick Storage Fix


We recently had a garage door opener installed and for the first time in three years I am now entering the house through the garage (I'm thrilled by this) !!! What didn't change though, was that I am still using my dinning room table as a dumping ground. I typically carry several bags a day and have a tendency to leave them all, plus keys, travel coffee mug and my mail all on our formal dinning room table. Then it collects all week long and before you know it ... I have to push stuff off the table in order to have a nice sit down meal.

For some time now I've been planning to purchase a cabinet or side table as a "home" for all my daily things. Somewhere I can place the mail, notebooks and etc without it looking cluttered. This past weekend, I was talking to my super creative best friend and mentioned that I was looking for the right piece that could fit on a small side wall near the door to my garage. It turns out that she recently visited the Saginaw Goodwill and had noticed a side table with interesting detail....that caught my attention!

Sure enough, after racing over to Goodwill we quickly spotted the table and other than a few nicks on the top it was in great shape with a great price to match! By this point I was thrilled and in full decorating mood. Later that day I picked up a plastic plant pot at Wal-Mart and some blue spray paint to help tie in the blue from the back room. I added some silk flowers, also from Wal-Mart and twigs from my backyard. The clock I already owned, it was purchase from Ross last year. It really came together quickly and cost a total of $27.97 (excluding the clock I bought last year and can't remember the price). Not bad and now my things have a "home".

No comments: