Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spring Flowers


- have arrived in North Texas!!! My hyacinths are the first to emerge from their winter home and are braving our interesting weather. These are the same bulbs I thought were tulips a few weeks ago. I've planted tulips,hyacinths and gladiolus in my front garden bed and cannot wait until they are in full bloom.

I am planning a four seasons garden bed for my best friend and I believe I should include some of these for a splash of spring color. I think she will like that.

I really like the concept of a four seasons garden, something colorful and interesting to look at with each tilt. Plus, we seem to have birds here in North Texas year around, I'm still feeding them. A four seasons garden that includes some type of berries could provide additional food to the birds who have flown south for the Winter.

There is a lot of planning happening right now and I eagerly look forward to setting my seedlings out in the garden next month. In the meantime, I am happy to settle for watching my spring flowers come up.

No comments: